DOORS DASH LIGHT WILL NOT GO OFF

1973 Plymouth Fury

creeks

July, 24, 2010 AT 8:19 PM

1973 Plymouth Fury V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 92000 miles

The small red doors open indicator light on the dash board will not go off.

I have checked the on/off push in buttons on all four doors. They appear to be working in the normal manner.

Is this a short?

Will it run the battery down over time?

Can I just locate the bulb and take it out to turn off the light. If so how do I go about that?

johnflanagan

March, 22, 2013 AT 7:32 PM

Yes you can remove the bulb. It's difficult to reach up behind the dash, the smaller the hands, the better. If it's a two-wire bulb connector, you'll have to remove the bulb. If it's a single wire socket, just gently pull down on the socket until it pops out of the mount, that will turn it off. Just leave it hanging behind the dash or remove the bulb and re-insert the socket to the hole. The circuit that controls this also illuminates the key-in light on the steering column, it's illuminates blue in color and is located next to the hazard waring flasher switch on the steering column. The bulb cover just pulls off to expose the bulb, you may want to remove that bulb if it's lit also. There is a small round canister behind the dash somwhere that acts as the 30-second delay to illuminate the "DOORS" and the key-in light. Either that is defective or it's continuously getting power from a bad door switch. I hope this reply is not too late.

Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Blend Door Actuator Replacement