BRAKES RELEAS VERY SLOWLY / SEEM TO DR

1994 Plymouth Duster

johnny-jc

July, 7, 2009 AT 11:05 AM

Brakes problem
1994 Plymouth Duster 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

My son has a 1994 Plymouth duster / sundance. When you apply the brake it seems like the back brakes come on first, then the front. Once you stop, when you take your foot off the brake pedal, the car won't move. Then slowly the brakes will release. I bleed the brakes front and rear and there is no air in the lines at all. Could this be a porportion valve problem or perhaps a power booster problem? I'm not sure and unfotunately I don't have a repair manual yet. Please help! Thanks. JC

Brake Fluid Bleeding

1 IMAGE

Brake Bleed Issues

merlin2021

July, 7, 2009 AT 11:12 AM

Check front brake hoses, when brakes wont release, open a bleeder at the wheel, then if it spins free, the hose needs replacing, if it stays locked on, replace the calipers, is it a high firm pedal? Does it sink to floor? To test master, open a line there before you open the caliper bleeder, if it spins master may have gunk blocking the compensating port.

Bleed and Flush Your Brake System Correctly
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Mercedes ML
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement