TRANSMISSION OIL GUSHES OUT OF DIP STI

1970 Plymouth Duster

victor benavides

April, 19, 2009 AT 12:35 AM

1970 Plymouth Duster V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic? Miles

IM RESTORING A 1970 PLYMOTH DUSTER AND IM HAVING SOME PROBLEMS WITH THE ENGINE OVERHEATING AND AFTER GIVING IT A GOOD 10 MINUTE DRIVE I HEAR A GURGLING COMING FROM THE ENGINE. AND ALSO AFTER DRIVING THE TRANSMISSION DIP STICK OOZES OUT THE TRANS OIL I HAVE A MECHANICAL FAN ON MY CAR FOR THE RADIATOR BUT THE RADIATOR STILL COMES OUT VERY HOT IVE ALREADY TRIED CHANGING THE WATER PUMP AND MY NEXT DUSTER JOB WOULD BE TO PUT IN AN ELECTRIC FAN WITH TOGGLE SWITCH AND RELAY BUT WHY IS IT MAKING THAT SOUND AND WHY DOES IT SOUND LIKE ITS HEATING UP AND WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT IT?

hmac300

October, 24, 2009 AT 1:57 PM

If you are losing trans fluidfrom your dipstick your vent to the trans may be blocked. The trans has to be pulled for that as the vent is behind the torque converter. If you are getting a gurling sound from your radiator it is either low or very hot. From wha tyou describe it sounds as you have a fan but no FAN SHROUD for the fan to pull air into the radiator. If it isn't there the fan is just moving around and not drawing air through the radiator.

Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Turbine Sensor Replacement
Drive Shaft Removal - All Cars