20 AMP FUSE IN RELAY BOX GETS VERY HOT A

1991 Plymouth Colt

540-tony

July, 23, 2010 AT 11:19 AM

1991 Plymouth Colt 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 160000 miles

car would not start the fuel pump was replaced.I do not hear the pump run when I turn the key. Using starting fluid the car starts. The 20 amp fuse link(blue/green) gets very hot to the touch and blows and the relay under the console gets very hot.

bluelightnin6

July, 23, 2010 AT 11:12 PM

Hello and thanks for donating

Is this a fusible link or a regular fuse? The only 20 amp fuse I see for this vehicle is the fuse for the heater circuit which would not effect the fuel pump. Is it the fuel pump relay that you speak of getting hot? If so then there must be some wiring to the fuel pump that is damaged / bare and grounding out, that wiring will need to be inspected and, if necessary, replaced.

540-tony

July, 24, 2010 AT 4:24 AM

It is the blue square fuse link located in the left relay box mounted on the fender.I want to thank you for a very quick answer.

540-tony

July, 24, 2010 AT 5:48 AM

Fusible link block from the front of the car it is on the left fender. The fuel pump relay under the console is also hot to touch once again thanks for you help

Air Conditioner Condenser Fan Relay Replace