97

1997 Plymouth Breeze

cjs123

March, 15, 2007 AT 3:02 PM

108K miles Engine Size SOHC 2.0-L I-4

Just had car in for oil change and tire rotation at Earnhardt's Dealer. When I got it back, it was making a noise which sounded like it was coming from the left front area of the car.

Sounds like metal against metal " wheek-wheek-wheek" gets louder with use of car. The sound STOPS when foot is ON the brake. Only hear it when car is in motion, not when at a stop.

Never had this occur before. Started right after getting car back from the shop; sound was faint but now is very loud. Would have taken it back immediately but live in an outlying area where nothing is close. Brakes fine, operates fine, but nervous about driving it. Thanks.

bootdog

March, 15, 2007 AT 6:33 PM

The brakes have a wear indicator, usually on the inside brake pad, make sure the indicator is not hitting the rotor. By the symptoms you describe, it sounds like the wear indicator letting you know it's time to replace the pads. Double check to make sure

cjs123

March, 15, 2007 AT 7:55 PM

I don't doubt that it is getting close to time to get the brake pads done.

Just seems odd to me that this started instantaneously after having the car into the shop, and was not an issue before.

Thanks for the info.

Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Acura TL
Wiper Blade Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Hood Shock Replacement - Rear Porsche
Windshield Wiper Replacement Ford Explorer
Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Tacoma