1998 PLYMOUTH BREEZE OVERHEATING

• Rebekka07
  • 1998 PLYMOUTH BREEZE

Engine Cooling problem
1998 Plymouth Breeze 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 186028 miles

I've spent over $900 (after I bought it for $550) on this car. After I purchased it, it began overheating. All small repairs have been done. (Valves, fuses, timing belt) I've replaced the radiator, water pump and thermostat. It is still overheating. When I shut the car off I can hear boiling coming from my plastic water tank. When I remove the radiator cap while the car is on I can see bubble in the water there. Is this a cracked head? And if it is, is this a very expensive job. And would it be worth it to put any more money into this car? Also my air conditioning blows hot. What can I do here?

Monday, July 26th, 2010 AT 6:56 PM

• Bluelightnin6

Could have air in the cooling system causing it to overheat. To check for cracked head or gasket without a cylinder compression gauge you can remove the radiator cap (while COOL ) then start vehicle up. If coolant shoots up out of the radiator cap opening then there is definitely an issue with the head.

Monday, July 26th, 2010 AT 6:58 PM
  • Rebekka07

Well I have done that and water definitely doesn't shoot out. You can just see bubbles in the water there. Also it looses water that is what makes me think it is a cracked.

Monday, July 26th, 2010 AT 7:18 PM