TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS

Plymouth Acclaim

kevdeb

March, 3, 2006 AT 8:54 PM

About a month ago I replaced a starter on my 92 plymouth acclaim, next morning it ran fine on the way to the car wash were I gunked down the engine, and transmission, and then sprayed it off real good with the high pressure hose, well when I left the transmission started slipping so I thought maybe it was low on fluid so I stopped to check it, well to my surprise the dip stick to the transmission was up about an inch, I guess on of the battery cables caught it as I was replaceing the starter!I changed the filter and fluid once then 6took it for an 8hr. Round trip, it ran like a new car. The next morning and every morning since I have to lay on the gas with it in reverse or drive for a few minutes before it will move, it does fine once I hit 40 miles per hour, but transmission slipping alot, in 1st& 2nd gear and stays in 1st to long before switching,
but still runs great from
45-80 mph and will do it all day at those speeds, do you think if I keep changeing filter and fluid it will get better, have had the car for 2 yrs and have put lots of new parts on it, what do you think the water is the problem, or is my transmission history now?

Transmission Flare

Transmission Problem

loki

April, 18, 2006 AT 3:34 AM

Sound like u have water in ur torque converter. Go to jiffylube and get a " t tech" or trany service flush. Pan gasket and filter only change 2-3 quarts of 9 quart system. Need to change all the tranny oil. After I would just because change the pan gasket and filter again. Wouldnt hurt.

Transmission Speed Sensor Replacement Honda