'ENGINE IMMOBILISER FAULT'

2005 Peugeot 807

cruzin

February, 13, 2009 AT 2:50 PM

2005 Peugeot 807 4 cyl Manual 60000 miles

Hi There,

I have owned this peugeot 807 2.0 HDI S (2005) for a short time but the problems I am having are enough to last a lifetime.

The most recent (currently the only) fault is that the vehicle will not start and it shows an error 'Engine Immobiliser Fault' please could someone tell me what this could be and how this could be fixed.

I would be greatfull if this could be resolved and I am happy to donate once I have recieved a reply.

Many Thanks

Sam
079127 58500

Dave H

March, 12, 2009 AT 9:20 PM

The vehicle needs to be plugged into a diagnostic computer to locate the exact cause of the fault and to reprogram the cars computer !

vazz

September, 13, 2009 AT 9:43 AM

Here's how you can reset the immobilizer. It's kind tricky, but trust me it works. Do like this: - Disconnect the battery for at LEAST 15 minutes.
- When you are about to re-connect the battery, leave the drivers door open and have the car key outside of the engine starter.
- When the battery is on again, close the drivers door and turn the key to light up the instrument panel but do NOT start the engine yet.
- Open the drivers door and take away the key.
- Close the drivers door and start your engine.

Your problem is now solved!

The most common solution for this problem is to change the battery in the car-key, so the immobilizer is easer to " read" it.

Hope that helps!

humph7ey

May, 9, 2012 AT 1:44 PM

It worked for me. Thank you so much.

carsv

July, 13, 2012 AT 2:09 PM

Thanks vazz. It worked for me too.

browneyed_

May, 22, 2013 AT 6:15 AM

Thank you so much from Belarus! It worked for my peugeot 807 2.2 HDI 2003!

fabmann

January, 7, 2016 AT 12:14 AM

Please, I own the same peugeot 807 2.2 HDI 2005 model, the car was driving and suddenly stopped, it never starts again when I open ignition to step 2 the dashboard light comes up when I try to start it never starts but keeps revolving and runs the battery down, I called for diagnose which was done 3times now and each time it comes up with different error codes, such as listed below please I will be glad for any help on how to sort this issue this is getting to three months now

FAULT >
DESCRIPTION
STATUS

P0340

CRANKSHAFT SYNCHRONIZING
NO CAMSHAFT SENSOR SIGNAL
PERMANENT FAULT

P1435

ADDITIVE SYSTEM FUEL FILLER
CAPPRESENT SENSOR FAULT
PERMANENT FAULT

P0110

INLET AIR TEMPERATURE SIGNAL
SHORT CIRCUIT TO POSITIVE OR
OPEN CIRCUIT
PERMANENT FAULT

P0571

BRAKE SWITCH COMMUNICATION PROBLEM
PERMANENT FAULT
READ TROUBLE CODE

FAULT
DESCRIPTION
STATUS

P0020

INTAKE VARIABLE CAM TIMING SOLENOID SHORT OR OPEN CIRCUIT BANK 2
FAULTY WIRING AND CONNECTIONS FAULTY CAMSHAFT PROFILE CONTROL SOLENOID
READ CURRENT TROUBLE CODE

fabmann

January, 7, 2016 AT 12:16 AM

Also recent I called a Peugeot mechanic after doing the diagnose he said the problem is from the com 2000, have anyone had such an issue before or have to replace com 2000 before please help we need this car urgently

Engine Class - Autoshop 101
Engine Oil Change and Filter Toyota Corolla
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Camaro
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Air Filter Replacement Toyota Corolla