2001 PEUGEOT 206

• Marko_28
  • 2001 PEUGEOT 206

Steering problem
2001 Peugeot 206 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 76000 miles

Peugoet 206 problems. When turning a tight right hand bend with any speed, half way round the bend the car gathers more right hand turn and nearly sends me into oncoming traffic, which is scary. Ive replaced all 4 tyres with brand new michellins and I know that I need 2 drop links replacing as I can hear them knocking but im thinking there is another suspension problem. If you could point me in the right direction I woul be greatfull. Thanks

Saturday, September 19th, 2009 AT 12:40 PM

• Gearbox Tech

Hi I imagine that you have badly worn track rod ends and steering rack and maybe worn wishbone bushes/ bottom ball joints. You really should not drive this vehicle until you find the problem or have brought it to the garage for your own safety.

Saturday, September 19th, 2009 AT 12:53 PM
  • Marko_28

Thanks for your reply. I do all my own work on the car and usually know most faults but this one is new to me, im going to get it on the ramps and check it out.
If anyone else can point me in the right direction as im reluctant to change alot of parts until the problem disappears. Thanks

Saturday, September 26th, 2009 AT 3:20 AM
  • Marko_28

Turns out it was the bottom ball joint, the actual ball popped out on me when I was driving lol! Gearbox oil everywhere as the driveshaft came out and near side wheel pointing left. Was due to do it the day after aswell. Oh well new wish bone jobs a gooden. Cheers again

Thursday, October 8th, 2009 AT 10:17 AM

Other Transfer Case 4x4 Replace/Remove Questions