PCV valve hose removal

CLYDE3
  • 2017 CHEVROLET MALIBU
  • TURBO
I need to remove the PCV hose to inspect the valve but cannot disconnect the hose. Is there a special tool or technique? Can you provide the name of the tool or nature of technique to complete this job?
Friday, May 13th, 2022 AT 4:28 PM

AL W
Hello. I believe you are referring to the bolts that hold the actual PCV valves in place. There are two PCV systems on this vehicle. One is a Fresh air valve, and the other is a Foul Air valve, The bolts are Tamper Proof bolts. They are only used once. You have to cut a slice in them and take them out with a flathead screwdriver. This is probably for warranty reasons; you might have to get new bolts from the dealership unless you can find new bolts that will fit. But the ones in there now are a onetime use unfortunately. The 6th and 7th diagrams are the lines, these are tamper proof too and also a onetime use.
+1
Friday, May 13th, 2022 AT 5:17 PM

Sponsored links