Codes P0700 and P0705

MATTERNMATT
  • 2006 CHEVROLET COBALT
Okay, so I know P0700 is a TCM code and P0705 is the TRS, I changed the TRS and cleared the codes, and shifter locks in park. I released the shifter and car runs great, no issues and no CEL until I shut it off. When I restart it, CEL lights up after driving a couple of blocks, same codes, same process.
The shifter was apparently rebuild by previous owner (found old parts and instruction in the trunk). I am thinking there is some sort of calibration between the shifter and the TRS but I just cannot figured it out. Any advice or guidance would be appreciated.
Tuesday, April 24th, 2018 AT 9:52 PM

HEYMAN1104
You should take the car to the dealership or a transmission shop and get it scanned. The P0700 code tells you that the transmission computer (TCM) has a code stored. The standard OBD2 scanner will not pick it up, so you will need a better scanner for it. The P0705 is for the range sensor circuit. I am attaching all of Prodemand's information in screenshots below. Hope this information helps.
Wednesday, April 25th, 2018 AT 3:49 AM