ENGINE STALLS AND SPEEDOMETER FAILS

Opel

karenr

March, 26, 2006 AT 5:51 AM

I have an Opel Corsa/Holden Barina 1998 that has done 150000 kms which has started to stall after drives of approx 45min. The car will run fine on the highway, it is only once you need to change down gears and slow down that the engine stalls. At the same time the check engine light comes on and the speedometer starts going all over the place, until eventually it stops working all togther. Car starts perfectly again, no problem. What could this be? Any help would be appreciated.[/B][/i]

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

peppermrj

March, 26, 2006 AT 8:04 AM

Best bet is to retieve any stored codes indicated by the light first. Hear is an informative link. Check out the technical guides. Not sure if you can retrieve codes manually or will require a tool tho.

Is the clutch disengaging?

Good luck and post back. : )

Where are you located?

GeoffBrown

April, 11, 2008 AT 3:21 AM

I had the identical problem. Found the Engine Code to be TC24 " Faulty Speed Sensor" and once it was replaced everything was perfect.