1994 OPEL COOLING FAN

• NATZKI
  • 1994 Opel

Other Category problem
1994 Other Opel Models 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

I owned a 1994 opel vectra 2.0i though it really an old car I don't have enough budget to replace this car so as much as possible I need to restore it in good condition. Actually I have a puzzling problem regarding the cooling fan, it keeps on running even I shut off the engine! I get tired in unplugging the battery connections everytime I park, and plug it again to keep me back on track. Any advice? Thanks.

Wednesday, January 16th, 2008 AT 1:25 AM

• chini

Well, I'm not an expert neither a mechanic. I have an Opel Corsa 1.4i and I know a little bit about cooling issues because they are pretty common on this model. It seems that your thermostat could have been removed in a mechanical check or maybe it's open and that's why the fan stays running. You should unplug your battery and check your thermostat and replace it if it's broken. It depends on the model you might not be able to this because some of the motor belts can bother you.

I hope it helps, regards
Miguel

Sunday, February 24th, 2008 AT 12:07 PM