1998 Opel Corsa Engine Cranking but does not start

VP1398
  • 1998 OPEL CORSA
1998 Opel Corsa Front Wheel Drive Manual

Hi,

I have a 1998 Opel Corsa with a 3cylinder 1.0L engine. The problem with it is that after a trip if you turn off the engine and start it again after, let's say 5minutes, it starts normally and off we go, but if we leave it off for about a quarter of an hour, it cranks but does not start. Then if you leave it for about an hour or so, it starts again normally.

I went to my mechanic and when he plugged in his computer, it resulted that we had a faulty crank sensor, but since it is expensive, he refused to commit himself that the problem came from there.
What do you advise?
Wednesday, May 26th, 2010 AT 4:49 AM

2CEXPT
Next time it refuses to start don't wait do below to find out if its a fuel or spark problem.

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 in away from ground have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor /distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, ECM, Ignitor camshaft and crankshaft sensors and computer. Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it
Wednesday, May 26th, 2010 AT 3:17 PM

Sponsored links