1996 Oldsmobile Regency Engine Revving/Dash Blinking on Sta

MOOSEGUNDR
  • 1996 OLDSMOBILE REGENCY
1996 Oldsmobile Regency 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 230k miles

Well howdy. I currently own a 1996 Oldmobile 98 Regency. It just creeped over 230k, and the car is starting to make all sorts of fun for me.

Yesterday coming home I stopped at a gas station, and when I started the car the engine starting reving up and the dashboard would flash to matching the reving of the engine. (When the reving would stop the lights would shut off then reset with all the warning lights blinking. The lights would turn back on right away when the engine started ramping up again.)

I shut the car off, restarted it and I was able to drive home a couple miles with no issue. Now it's happening every single time and I'm not sure where to start looking.

The day before while I was driving the dashboard blinked and reset with a low coolant/low oil/traction ctrl warning, but there were no issues, and things looked alright when I arrived home to check.
Monday, July 19th, 2010 AT 11:39 AM

Have you had the body control module tested?
Thursday, November 4th, 2010 AT 10:36 AM