OLDS BRAVADA

1996 Oldsmobile

dd025

October, 8, 2007 AT 1:38 PM

Has 150000 miles 4.3 v6. My problem is the engine turn over but won't start. I had the car towed to my house and it started later in the day with no problem.I changed the fuel filter and it won't start again like its not getting fuel. Before trying to start after replacing the filter I turned the key to the " on" position and heard the fuel pump pressurize the system and then shut off before trying to start. Since then I do not hear the pump turning on.I checked the coil and its ok. Not sure what to check next. When I dump some fuel in the throttle body and step on gas pedal the car runs and then stops like it just used up what I just put in there and just cranks over.

October, 8, 2007 AT 1:52 PM

Check the fuel pressure with a gauge while key is in On position. EFI system don't like incorrect pressure especially if its a CPI spider unit Vortec set up it has to have 54-62psi, get it done and comeback with results.

dd025

October, 8, 2007 AT 2:32 PM

Where do I hook up gauge to check pressure?

October, 8, 2007 AT 3:17 PM

At the driver's side upper intake plenum to the rear it looks like a tire valve that's if its a CPI

dd025

October, 8, 2007 AT 3:21 PM

Thanks, i'll let you know the results tomorrow.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang