1996 OLDS BRAVADA

• dd025
  • 1996 Oldsmobile

Has 150000 miles 4.3 v6. My problem is the engine turn over but won't start. I had the car towed to my house and it started later in the day with no problem.I changed the fuel filter and it won't start again like its not getting fuel. Before trying to start after replacing the filter I turned the key to the "on" position and heard the fuel pump pressurize the system and then shut off before trying to start. Since then I do not hear the pump turning on.I checked the coil and its ok. Not sure what to check next. When I dump some fuel in the throttle body and step on gas pedal the car runs and then stops like it just used up what I just put in there and just cranks over.

Monday, October 8th, 2007 AT 1:38 PM

• rasmataz

Check the fuel pressure with a gauge while key is in On position. EFI system don't like incorrect pressure especially if its a CPI spider unit Vortec set up it has to have 54-62psi, get it done and comeback with results.

Monday, October 8th, 2007 AT 1:52 PM
  • dd025

Where do I hook up gauge to check pressure?

Monday, October 8th, 2007 AT 2:32 PM
  • rasmataz

At the driver's side upper intake plenum to the rear it looks like a tire valve that's if its a CPI

Monday, October 8th, 2007 AT 3:17 PM
  • dd025

Thanks, i'll let you know the results tomorrow.

Monday, October 8th, 2007 AT 3:21 PM