IDLE PROBLEM

1994 Oldsmobile LSS

oldsmobile88

November, 7, 2010 AT 3:32 PM

1994 Oldsmobile LSS 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 142000 miles

hi car pros. I have a 94 oldsmobile 88 royal lss that has a little mis to the engine. It is more noticable at a idle in park. And when acclerating you can see the rmp needle bouncing slightly. But cant feel it in the car. But you can hear it in the engine.I have replaced all three coils. The board the coils are on. Forgot what the was called. Um plugs, wires, fuel pump, both fuel filters, mass air flow sencor, o2 sensor. None of that helped. And checked for crack hoses and all check out good.O and I put a egr valve on it but it didnt help so I took it back and got my money. What do you think my problem is?

November, 7, 2010 AT 3:52 PM

Maybe a vacuum leak, hard to tell, without something to point in the right direction? Can you look at fuel trims?

oldsmobile88

November, 7, 2010 AT 4:57 PM

Right I can understand that.I looked at every hose I could see. Top and bottom, and couldnt find nothing. But your right there could still be something I might have missed. And im sorry but what do you mean by fuel trims. Like the connections for fuel lines and stuff? Cuz I had to replace a couple of them when I changed the fuel pump.

November, 8, 2010 AT 8:51 AM

As far as vacuum leaks, it could be a gasket, somewhere. You need a scanner that shows live engine data to see fuel trims.

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars
Clean Idle Air Control Ford Super Duty 5.4L
Easily Clean Your Throttle Bore Like a Pro