I THINK I NEED OIL BUT IM NOT SURE

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue

wizz1

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 14,000 miles

I think it just needs an oil change but im not sure my change oil light has been coming on. And now my car is starting to shake as if it wants to turn off I checked the oil. And it was smoking when I took the cap off to look inside the oil compartment. Could it be the dirty oil is creating a problem? Or what can it be I need help please

Ernest Clark

January, 24, 2010 AT 8:41 AM

Your " Change oil" light comes on because it's programmed to come on at specific intervals.

You check your oil by shutting your car off and letting it rest for at least 15 minutes. Then remove the dipstick and read the marks at the end of it.

If your engine shakes and wobbles from a cause directly related to old engine oil, then it's too late to change the oil now. You'll need a new motor.

But I suspect there's another problem causing your shake and wobble. Not the oil. But you should have that changed immediately to be on the safe side.

Then you'll need to have any other problems diagnosed.

Oil Change and Filter Replacement Ford
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Mustang
Engine Oil Change and Filter Replacement