1994 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Won't stay running

CHOPTOP
  • 1994 OLDSMOBILE DELTA 88

1994 Oldsmobile Delta 88 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 165000 miles

Dads car, one day would idle then stop, installed new battery, plugs, wires, removed coils, bottom plate, cleaned lubed, new crank position sensors, new idle control sensor and one other sensor near the Idle control one, put Heat & seafoam in gas plus 5 gallons 93 octain. Tested fuel pump pressure and installed new filter. After all of that it did the same thing, run 4 minutes then stop dead. Trying to restart it would cause it to run for less time before it died and if you tried to give it gas it would pop threw exhaust. Then yesterday out of the blue it stayed idling for a half an hour, I took it for a 5 mile drive and then it started sputtering at my drive and now it is back to the same thing, idle 4 minutes and then die, try and start it and it idles for less time and if you try to give it gas it pops threw exhaust. Don't want to take it to mechanic if I don't have to, money is an issue. Thanks in advance

Saturday, February 7th, 2009 AT 11:00 AM

MASTERTECHTIM

What s exact fuel pressure when this happens? Sounds like weak fuel pressure

-1
Sunday, February 8th, 2009 AT 7:43 AM
CHOPTOP

Had first towed it to local mechanic, said pressure was good, maybe it is good at start up and the diminishes. Went out to start it up this am, ran for 3 - 4 min then died and won't start, cant give it any gas at idle or it will pop threw exhaust. Thanks for the help, will have to have it towed soon, I am at a loss.

Sunday, February 8th, 2009 AT 7:59 AM
MASTERTECHTIM

I pretty sure you have very low fuel pressure

Monday, February 9th, 2009 AT 6:48 AM
CHOPTOP

Will buy gage and check myself. Thanks

Monday, February 9th, 2009 AT 7:12 AM

Other Crankshaft Crankshaft Position Sensor CKS Test Questions