CAR JERKING

1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass

jv23

February, 17, 2009 AT 3:21 PM

Engine Performance problem 1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic Hi. I have a 3.1l engine in my 96 cutlass supreme sl that jerks bad. It jerks when im on the gas but it really jerks when im at a constant speed anywhere above 40 mph. Also the code I have said that the #4 cylinder was misfireing and I seen fuel leaking from the fuel pressure regulator. Can you help me, I have already changed the spark plugs, spark plug wires, ignition coils throttle position sensor, idle air sensor, air filter, fuel filter, and both o2 sensors. I need your help!

Jacobandnickolas

February, 19, 2009 AT 10:49 AM

Hi: Is there a reason you didn't replace the fuel pressure regulator?

jv23

February, 19, 2009 AT 11:00 AM

I just noticed it when I posted the message. But since I changed the idle air sensor the jerking got worse. Im scared to drive my car now!

Jacobandnickolas

February, 19, 2009 AT 1:40 PM

Has the check engine light come on? Also, have you replaced the fuel pressure regulator?

jv23

February, 19, 2009 AT 2:00 PM

The check engine light is on and the code that showed that the #4 cylinder misfire. I haven't changed the regulator yet but I plan to over the weekend!

jv23

February, 21, 2009 AT 3:11 PM

Well, I got the regulator changed but the car is still jerking. I just can't find out what can be causing that. Please help!

jwt767

October, 20, 2009 AT 10:23 AM

I had this problem with my 96 cutlass, here's what it was.

There is a hose going from the PCV valve up to a hole on top of the intake manifold. There is a rubber grommet that goes around the fitting in that hole. I replaced the grommet, and the jerking stopped, it was sucking in to much air from the top of the intake manifold.

Might fix your problem.

Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20