NO SPARK AND NO GAS, INJECTORS WORKIN

1992 Oldsmobile Ciera

bipolarbrad

July, 20, 2010 AT 10:10 AM

1992 Oldsmobile Ciera 6 cyl 3300/ 3.3L Front Wheel Drive Automatic 86,000 miles

i believe it is the crankshaft sensor, if it is not the i would believ the $85 computer is bad. i put a new ignition module on, fuel pump working, injectors working but just letting air in, fuel pressure pefect, sparkplugs dry, no spark. i having trouble figuring out how to pull the crankshaft sensor and testing it, if it is magnetized it is good?

ANSWER:

the injectors were working, but just letting air in. it was the crankshaft position sensor. $136 to fix, $25 tow, $35 sensor, $75 for labor. a wheel puller for the harmonic balancer and a special tool to set the sensor in the right place. i did not have the tools to repair myself. this sensor shuts the spark and gas off. this experience i had with this car and other cars with a crankshaft position sensor should be told to many others. this is a common problem on these vehicles. 1982 THRU 1996 BUICK CENTRY, CHEVROLET CELEBRITY, OLDSMOBILE CIERA AND CUTLASS CRUISER, AND PONTIAC 6000. GM GENERAL MOTORS!!!

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/552355_p1010154_1.jpg

Jacobandnickolas

August, 1, 2010 AT 12:21 AM

If you have fuel pressure and no spark, the plugs should be wet. Have you checked to make sure the injectors are working?

Jacobandnickolas

August, 4, 2010 AT 8:48 PM

I'm glad you got it fixed. Let us know if you have questions in the future.

Ignition System Test Guide
Ignition Coil System Test Repair - All Cars
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz