1992 OLDSMOBILE CIERA FAN MOTOR CONNECTION

• eborers82
  • 1992 Oldsmobile Ciera

1992 Oldsmobile Ciera 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 121000 miles

I have a 1992 Cutlass Ciera that I brought 6 months ago and my fan motor burnt out. I replaced the motor and it still didnt work. I cut the main wire that runs to the fan in front of the engine. I ran a 12 gauage wire (postive and negative) from the fan to the battery. Then a postive and negative from the battery to a toogle switch but keeps burning out after the car is drove about 10 mins. I need to know were the ground connection is and how to propertly wire a toogle switch from the main blower fan. Will take any other other suggestions on fixing the problem.

Sunday, October 25th, 2009 AT 2:50 PM

• JDL

Welcome to the forum, I won't help you wire a toggle, I will help you track the problem. If you unplug the cts, the fan should run. If you turn on the ac, the fan should come on.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/170934_33_ciera_fan_diagram_1.jpg

this is for 3.3 L engine.

Sunday, October 25th, 2009 AT 3:12 PM