2002 Oldsmobile Bravada exterior sensor for interior temp

SUNSHINE77
  • 2002 OLDSMOBILE BRAVADA
  • AWD
My Bravada has a temperature read-out that tells me the outside temperature. This seems to have an affect the air conditioner. For example, the temperature outdoors today was 95. The outdoor reading in my car said 40. My AC starting blowing warm air. Where is the location of the sensor that gives that outdoor reading?
Tuesday, August 11th, 2009 AT 10:13 AM

BLUELIGHTNIN6
Hello and thanks for the donation!

Your vehicle's ambient air temperature sensor is located on the left center of radiator support.
+2
Tuesday, August 11th, 2009 AT 1:01 PM
SUNSHINE77
I assume the sensor is on the left upright support, and toward the front and not toward the engine. If you could elaborate as to the access it would be a big help.
Wednesday, August 12th, 2009 AT 2:15 PM
BLUELIGHTNIN6
Sure. Just remove the front grille and you should be able to see the sensor and panel assembly. Disconnect the electrical connector from the sensor.
+2
Wednesday, August 12th, 2009 AT 2:31 PM
SUNSHINE77
I've removed both head lights and pulled grill out to expose radiator supports on right and left sides and found everything that is attached to the radiator supports and firewall, but no sensor found in this area. I bought an auto parts house manual on the Bravada and it doesn't address the sensor either. I assume the sensor would have to be in an area where heat from the engine or radiator wouldn'd effect it and have exposed what I would think are all likely spots, unless it's stuffed up under the bumper somewhere.
Can you give a little more detail on it's location and what else needs to be done to expose it? Can you send a sketch?
Tuesday, August 25th, 2009 AT 8:35 AM
BLUELIGHTNIN6
See if these pics help you locate it..

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/261618_tempsens_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/261618_ambientsensorzj8_1.jpg

+3
Tuesday, August 25th, 2009 AT 12:39 PM
SUNSHINE77
Found it. Thanks
Tried to make something hard out of something very simple. For your information and to show you how much you really help, I got an estimate to have this repaired. It would cost only $235. What a bargain. With your help there was no labor cost. Took about five minutes. The part cost $5.95. Thanks for your time and all the money you saved me.
+3
Tuesday, August 25th, 2009 AT 5:43 PM