2000 Oldsmobile Bravada Power Seats not working

BVDONLAUBACH
  • 2000 OLDSMOBILE BRAVADA
  • AWD
I have a 200 bravada (just bought it) and the driver seat will not adjust. Tracking down the wiring I have found a short in the orange poewer wire. I nee to remove the seat to work on the problem, but it is all the way back and theinside rear bolt is inaccessable. Is there a way to manually move the seat forward? I tried to run a hot wire right to the forward adjust motor but it would come on. Ant suggestions?
Sunday, November 23rd, 2008 AT 12:07 PM

IMPALASS
Hello -

That orange wire goes to the Front passenger seat adjuster switch. Have you tried running the hot wire directly to the switch?

Everything I see tells you to move the seat, then remove it to work on it to include the switch. I don't see anything that says, you can't move the things so what from there.

Do you have enough wire to splice in a hot to the orange?
Sunday, November 23rd, 2008 AT 8:30 PM
BVDONLAUBACH
Yes, I tried jumping directly to the orange wire and also to the tan wire on theforward movement motor. Nothing moves. I need to know how to move the seat manually so I can work on it
-1
Monday, November 24th, 2008 AT 7:32 AM
IMPALASS
Hello -

I have reviewed the technical manuals....there is nothing I saw that tells you how to move the seat if the power is off. The only thing it keeps saying is to remove the seat to work on this or that.

I know you tried going directly to the orange wire and as you said the tan. Both the tan and the Lt Green wire per the pic are hot wires depending on the direction of the seat it appears. The switch is the ground.

Can you get to the switch without removing the seat...and then touch the tan or the green to activate the motor that way it is grounded through the switch. Or, can you ground the motor and then try directly touching the tan or Lt Green.

Are you sure the motor is even good that it will activate?

Can you disconnect any of the drive gear ends from the seat to move it?

Do the other seat position work okay or do they all not work?

Can you send a pic of the area to better understand what you are looking at?

Again, sorry, but the manual says nothing about how to remove a seat if nothing works.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/248015_Picture1_15.jpg

-2
Monday, November 24th, 2008 AT 9:21 AM
ATRUEGNTLMN
From what I see in the manual you you would need to disconect both wires going to the front/back motor. At the motor grond the green wire apply power to the tan wire. If this does not work I would say the motor is bad. Hope this helps.
Monday, February 2nd, 2009 AT 8:42 PM