2001 OLDSMOBILE ALERO WARNING LIGHTS ON: CHECK VEHICLE, ABS

• tyah30
  • 2001 Oldsmobile Alero

Computer problem
2001 Oldsmobile Alero 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 133000 miles

Was driving yesterday, when suddenly, all three warning lights came on simultaneously. Turned the car off, then restarted and the same lights came back on. The car is running fine. Not sure where to even begin to look. What do you think the problem could be?

Friday, February 13th, 2009 AT 8:09 AM

• Jacobandnickolas

Hi: It sounds like a sensor set a code. What I recommend it to take the car to a nationally recognized parts store and have them scan the computer for codes. Many do it for free and you will know what direction to go in.

Let me know what you find.

Thursday, February 19th, 2009 AT 4:40 PM
  • taxicabfour

Been the done that. Does your front wheels sound too loud like an airplane taking off? My 2004 Alero had all the lights come on at once. I had to replace both Front Wheel Bearing Assemblies. That what was making the nosie and it cured my issues with the warning lights coming on ( abs and brakes). It is a common problem. Try to get the parts online (it s Cheaper than dealer price)

Saturday, February 21st, 2009 AT 12:17 PM
  • tyah30

Thank you for your suggestions, Jacobandnickolas and taxicabfour!

I took your advice and had the car scanned for codes. Turns out, I have to have the FR wheel bearing and tie rod end replaced. I haven't heard any noise at the wheel yet, but I'll get it worked on ASAP. Found out I also need to get the serpentine belt replaced. Luckily, I know a mechanic who can fix both these problems without my paying for more than the cost of parts, which I will be checking online for. I really appreciate your feedback. Thanks again!

Monday, February 23rd, 2009 AT 8:33 AM