ENGINE PERFORMANCE PROBLEM1994 OLDSMOBILE ...

1994 Oldsmobile Achieva

dumcheesemonkey

March, 31, 2009 AT 8:58 PM

1994 Oldsmobile Achieva 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 69k miles

My car had been kind of sputtering for a couple months on highway trips but we kind of ignored it. While driving one day it got real bad, when I would hit the gas half the time it felt like it was going into neutral. But it eventually died at a light. I towed it home and it would start but wont idle. It sputtered and died. Ive since put on a fuel filter (was told it could fix). Now it will run but if I let off the gas itll die. And while its running it sputters a lot kind of sounding like a lawnmower. I was told it could b something with timing. I have no idea what im doing.

Dies On Idle

Jacobandnickolas

August, 20, 2009 AT 3:55 PM

Has the check engine light come on? Have you checked fuel pump pressure? Also, this could deal with a clogged catylatic converter. Have you checked these things? Do you need directions?

chugjam

September, 22, 2009 AT 8:44 AM

Please inform me of any ideas that you may have concerning this issue. I have the same malfunction with my car.

Jacobandnickolas

September, 22, 2009 AT 10:14 AM

I would start with the same questions. Have any of them happened to you?

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right