1997 Oldsmobile 88 Engine shuts off after it turns over.

• 1997 OLDSMOBILE 88

1997 Oldsmobile 88 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 143000 miles

When I go to start my car at random times, the engine cranks, then turns off. Then I try again and it stays on the second time around. It doesn't happen at every start up, but a majority of the time. Don't know if this has anything to do with it, but the vacuum hose keeps popping off. The warning lights that are on in my car are the ABS and the Traction Off light. Those lights appeared after someone replaced my brakes and my car doesn't seem the same since. Is it possible something went wrong or caused those lights to appear because of replacing the brakes? Please Help

Friday, July 17th, 2009 AT 8:43 PM

Yes it is, as a result of the brakes, they did something wrong, otherwise the lights wouldnt be on, as far as the vacuum hose that needs to be fixed, /replaced so they dont keep falling off, there are a few, components controlled by vacuum and if it falls off at an important time then it may cause trouble. You need to get the person that fixed your brakes to back track on what they did

Friday, July 17th, 2009 AT 8:49 PM