1992 Oldsmobile 88 Fuel Delivery

• 1 POST
  • 1992 OLDSMOBILE 88

1992 Oldsmobile 88 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 81,000 miles

My daughter came out to her 1992 Olds 88 Royal after work and her battery was too low to start the car. She noticed a noise in the trunk and it turned out to be the motor of her powered antenna. I apparently did not shut off for some reason and had been running since she parked it. The problem is that now the car wont start, by that I mean it will turn over but wont start. There is no pressure in the fuel rail indicating that the fuel pump is not working. The car ran fine up till this. There is what looks like a relay on the power antenna with two sets of wires to it. I unplugged one if the wire sets and the motor stops. I'm trying to figure if the antenna moter issue is the cause if the fuel problem

Tuesday, October 5th, 2010 AT 2:02 PM

It may have run down your battery. I'd have to be sure the battery has a full charge, the generic spec for a fully charged battery, everything off, is 12.6 volts.

I'd check the fuel pump relay and fuses at relay center, under passenger side of dash.

Tuesday, October 5th, 2010 AT 3:50 PM