OIL FILTER ADAPTOR GASKET TEPLACEMENT

1989 Chevrolet Cheyenne

hifi

April, 27, 2013 AT 9:45 AM

Oil filter adpter gastet blew I removed cleaned all the chunks of gasket out and 40 miles later oil pressure went high a hugh cload of smoke pured out. I put anouther gasket in and same thing blows right away in 45 50 miles. Stats. The first time it went othought it was a hose looped on the cooling lines. I changed oil new filter an hose also pcv. I though I was clear of any complication. Presure started to jump around a little until it blew at 60plus. Now at number 4gasket set. I can picture a old gasket that made itself into a one way valve that
slams shut Please help can I flush that chunk of gasket out. Though gas wa

hmac300

April, 27, 2013 AT 10:11 AM

If you ae talking abou the relief valve tha tis in the housing take it out and replace it if you like or take it get the crap out, but that hasn't much bearing on oil pressure that is controlled in pump. Has pump been modified? If anything your pump relief valve may be sticking causing the gasket to blow out. One thing to look for is to make sure all of gasket material is out of where oil filter adapter goes in as that is the number one cause of failure. It should also be a a squretype oring if memeory serves me right. It's like the old cartridge oil filters.

Oil Change & Filter Replacement Ford Escape
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Chevrolet
Oil and Filter Replacement Subaru Legacy
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Tahoe
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Super Duty
Engine Oil Change and Filter Saturn LS1