Nuetral Safety Switch

RHINO99
  • 1989 FORD BRONCO
The neutral safety switch for my C6 transmission and no overdrive is apparently discontinued and more rare than a unicorn. I have called all over the country trying to find the part with no luck. Every specialty parts dealer, local Ford shops, online sellers, junkyards have all come up empty.
Do I have to bypass the switch somehow? My pigtail on the wiring harness has six connectors, everything I have found has four.

Please help. $15,000.00 totally restored Bronco dead in my drive way, due to a $80.00 part that takes five minutes to fix!
Monday, September 19th, 2016 AT 3:07 PM

If I am not mistaken a Bronco is the same as a pickup for parts mostly. I looked on rock auto and found this, its a Motorcraft part and looks to be a replacement with an adapter. I am sure there will be instructions with it.
-1
Monday, September 19th, 2016 AT 3:55 PM
Here are few choices.

Looks like several different styles

See my link

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,1989,bronco,5.8l+351cid+v8,1105951,electrical-switch+&+relay,neutral+safety+switch+/+range+sensor,4584?a=Referer+www.google.com+URL+%2F

Return with good news!

The Medic
Monday, September 19th, 2016 AT 4:15 PM
RHINO99
My connection end is round. I checked the rock auto site.

At least the one pictures will accept six wires.

But I would have to cut the 'male' connector and try to get the wires to marry to this switch.
Monday, September 19th, 2016 AT 6:36 PM
That is why they have the adapters. According to wire diagram is because a C6 is not the standard transmission it shows E40d as transmission and from what I can see it only takes red wire and black/white wire for other than E40D.
Tuesday, September 20th, 2016 AT 6:13 AM
RHINO99
Thank you for the replies and help!

So you are suggesting to splice the wires into the adapter. The next problem would be that the wiring harness (female) that comes off of the solenoid is likely going to be several inches short of reaching this adapter without the mail pigtail.
Tuesday, September 20th, 2016 AT 6:32 AM
Then you will have to splice in longer wires so it can fit. But this truck is supposed to have a E40d not a C6.
Tuesday, September 20th, 2016 AT 7:09 AM
RENEE
Nice work HMAC300 and CJ Medevac. RHINO99, thank you for visiting 2CarPros if you have any further questions or concerns please return the site as we are here to help.

Have a great rest of your day!

Renee
Admin
Tuesday, September 20th, 2016 AT 2:59 PM