NO LIGHTS ON DASH, NO BRAKE LIGHTS, NO TAIL LIGHTS

1995 Toyota 4Runner

hoosiermomma2

September, 6, 2013 AT 8:09 AM

Started having trouble with the truck not wanting to start. Is manual transmission. Had a relay bypass switch on it until I could replaces the relay. All was fine. Then it happened again only dummy switch won't work. Have to push start it to pop the clutch. Recently had to replace brake pads and 1 rotor. Truck sat for a couple of weeks because the bolts on the caliper were rusted. A friend helped me get it off and replace brakes and rotor. Went to start it and had no lights whatsoever. Replaced a few fuses and got head lights. Still have no dash lights, no brake lights, no tail lights. Have checked all the fuses and changed out the tail light/brake light relay but it didn't fix the issue. Not sure if the electrical issue with lights could have anything to do with starter issue or not. But am out of ideas and options. Any suggestions or input appreciated.

caradiodoc

September, 6, 2013 AT 11:56 AM

What are the symptoms with the starter? If you hear a single rather loud clunk each time you turn the ignition switch to "crank", it has burned contacts in the starter solenoid. Those can be replaced for about $20.00 but most people just replace the entire starter.

Side Marker Bulb Replacement Mini Cooper
Headlight Bulb Replacement GMC Yukon