There is also a thirty minute relearn procedure as well. It is posted below.
Thirty Minute Learn Procedure:
1. Turn "on" the ignition, with the engine "off".
2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to "on" (vehicle will not start).
3. Observe the security telltale, after approximately ten minutes the telltale will turn off.
4. Turn off the ignition, and wait five seconds.
5. Repeat steps one through four two more times for a total of three cycles/thirty minutes (the vehicle is now ready to relearn the password on the next ignition switch transition from off to crank).
Important: The vehicle learns the password on the next ignition switch transition from off to crank. You must turn the ignition off before attempting to start the vehicle.
6. Start the engine (the vehicle has now learned the password).
7. With a scan tool, clear any DTCs if needed (history DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles).
Tuesday, February 13th, 2018 AT 1:09 PM