2005 Nissan Xterra Engine quit running

MARABABYTA
  • 2005 NISSAN XTERRA
Why would my 2005 nissan xterra just quit while driving it at 35 and a half a tank of gas and no dash or engine lights came on.
Sunday, June 13th, 2010 AT 1:17 PM

If its cranking over and won't start do below

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

If both fuel and spark is present-check the valve and ignition timing, this will lead you to problems
with compression and valves opening and closing at the wrong time/broken or jumped timing
belt/chain
Sunday, June 13th, 2010 AT 4:20 PM
MARABABYTA
I bought a new fuel pump and had it installed, it did not fix the problem. A garage said they couldn't find anything wrong. It runs but will quit while driving it at any speed. Sometimes you can crank and crank and it won't start. Still no engine light. I have heard that a breaker could be going out and cause this. It's like something causes it to just quit like stopping the glass fol or something?
Thank you
Tamara

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/538566_t3_1.jpg

Sunday, June 20th, 2010 AT 9:06 PM
Have the fuel pressure checked if its within specs and get back with the readings we move from here
Sunday, June 20th, 2010 AT 10:00 PM
MARABABYTA
I had the fuel pressure checked after the new fuel pump was put it, they said it was in normal range.
Monday, June 21st, 2010 AT 9:43 AM
Now we need to know if the injectors are pulsing providing fuel and also for ignition spark
Monday, June 21st, 2010 AT 3:22 PM