NO POWER

1986 Nissan Truck

bkg1984

March, 2, 2008 AT 9:23 PM

1986 Nissan Truck 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 170000 miles

I cranked my truck up and it ran for a few seconds and died. I got the battery checked it was ok replaced the altenator checked the battery cables checked the fuses now im out of options. Any advice? I just had a new clutch installed two days prior to this if that means anything. Well thanks for your time.

Service Writer

March, 2, 2008 AT 9:31 PM

IT isn't a charging system problem. IF it is cranking but not starting, there is a fuel spark or compression issue. I may be misunderstanding you though.
Is it not cranking now?

Since the clutch was just replaced, I would be curious to first check the switch that is on the clutch pedal first if this is a no-crank problem.

bkg1984

March, 2, 2008 AT 9:35 PM

No its not doing anyting the horn wont blow and the lights wont come on it has no power at all.

Service Writer

March, 2, 2008 AT 10:07 PM

I gotcha.

I know this sounds repetitive, but double check those cables at both ends.
Make sure the connections are CLEAN and tight on both postive and ground. I would be surprised of this problem isn't in the batery or cables.

Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Alternator testing done right