CARPRO GENTLEMEN

1990 Nissan Stanza

Melany

November, 4, 2010 AT 2:40 PM

1990 Nissan Stanza 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 110134 miles

I wanna first say that for years you guys have helped countless people and I think it's AWESOME. My question is regarding a problem that seems new to me with my car. When I start it in the morning and it's not cold here in Vegas maybe 52 degrees anyways I will hear a marble/rolling sound in the engine where the heads are and I KNOW it's coming from there because I used my stethescope to make sure(I'm in college to be a nurse) anyways I will hear this for a few minutes and then it will go away and the usual light lifter sound is there and no more marble rolling sound. Also I was told that the car has a bent valve issue? The car when you start it no matter how hot/cold it is will smoke a liitle white when started only and I may sometimes see a little smoke when driving but thats if I'm sitting at a light for a long time. The ONLY thing I really wanna know is am I gonne HURT the car more by driving it in this condition I can fix it in about a month I'm saving now but definantly don't wanna be stranded. There is NO check engine light on or nothing like that just the sound I stated maybe a slight hesitation once in awhile that I can feel the car doing but I dont drive too far and I do NOT go on the freeway EVER. Thanx alot guys. Melany

Docfixit

November, 5, 2010 AT 9:58 AM

Any coolant loss? Oil look normal? Maybe hearing a particaly collapsed lifter. When it pumps up nose gose away. Could not see any harm in driving until funds are available. Love stethescope use that what I would have done.

Melany

November, 5, 2010 AT 10:16 AM

Hi Docfixit No coolant loss oil looks great I did notice that the car shakes when in drive so maybe I should look into getting motor mounts put in they're cracked but ok I will try NOT 2 drive it like I just stole it : ) Thanx for all your help. Melany

Docfixit

November, 5, 2010 AT 11:18 AM

If it turns out to be lifter change oil & filter and add Marvyl Mystery oil sounds funny but does great job cleaning lifters