2005 Nissan Sentra Belt Noises

FAWWAZ_04
  • 2005 NISSAN SENTRA
Noises problem
2005 Nissan Sentra 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

I have a 2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S and I am noticing a really annoying high pitch belt squeaking noise. I'm not sure why its making the noise, so I took it to Nissan if they can help me out with this problem, and all they said was that the belt could have gotten wet, or there was too much moisture in the air causing this to happen. But the belt can be both wet and dry and it still makes the same squeaking noise. I was satisfied with answer I received at Nissan so I took it to my mechanic and he tightened up the tensioner. But it still makes the same squeaking noise everyday. The car has almost 83000 km on it and it has been through 2 serpentine belts. I was wondering if you could help me figure out why the car is making the noise.

Thanks Fawwaz
Saturday, January 24th, 2009 AT 8:48 AM

IRFMAN2000
Well, 1st of all whoever you took it to didn't know what they were doing. The belt tensioners on this car are not manual, they're automatic so therefore you can just slip the belt on and not worry about it. I'm shocked with the low mileage you have on the car you've been through 2 belts.

May I ask what happened with the previous 2? How long has it been since you replaced the belt? Sometimes one of the accessory pulleys might be going bad. It might not be the belt. If your previous belts went bad before then you probably have a bad tensioner. Let me know how it goes. Since you have a squeaking problem go to autozone or advance and buy some belt dressing and that should take care of it. Hope this helps.
Sunday, January 25th, 2009 AT 6:38 PM