1993 Nissan Sentra headlight problem

DAN MORGAN
  • 1993 NISSAN SENTRA

1993 Nissan Sentra 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 136000 miles

Here is one that has confused everyone I know. My car is not equiped with day time running lights. With that said, when I start my car, sometimes my headlights come on ( they are a bit dimmer than if I turned them on) and when the car warms up the left headlight goes out and the right headlight lights up brighter as if the highbeam was on. I turn my headlights on now everytime I drive. If I flash or turn on my high beams, the left light goes out and the right highbeam goes on. What throws another twist is, lately I have been setting my parking brake because I now live on an incline. If I start the car in the morning, the lights do not come on, but as soon as I release the e-brake, the lights go on. Please help troubleshoot this crazy problem. Thank you

Sunday, February 22nd, 2009 AT 6:31 PM

ZACKMAN

***There is a short-circuit in your multi-function switch***

***Replace your left headlamp. The low beam is good, but your high beam is burned out. Bulb 9003. While you are at that, check the wiring harness for both sides, make sure that they are not frayed or burned.***

***Your e-brake also powers through the multi-function switch***

Tuesday, February 24th, 2009 AT 4:16 AM
DAN MORGAN

Zackman. I am checking all the connections today, could you point me to the location of the multiswitch.

Tuesday, February 24th, 2009 AT 1:09 PM
ZACKMAN

Multi-switch is the combination switch for the headlight/turn signal/wiper. I believe one of the wires to the switch is bad.

Tuesday, February 24th, 2009 AT 7:15 PM