WARNING CHIME

• GaryWhittaker
  • Nissan Pathfinder

I have a 98 Pathfinder. The chime to indicate that light have been left on no longer works. Any ideas? The dealer thinks it is $700 module.

Is there an aftermarket fix. I heard there is a chime that fits into the fuse panel.

Thanks in advance

Friday, September 29th, 2006 AT 3:31 PM

• eXtremist

You'll find the chime module under the dash, it can be unplugged to stop the chime, yours has probably died.

Try replacing it.

I dont exactly know where it is located under the dash.
Thats what a workshop manual is for ; )

Wednesday, October 4th, 2006 AT 9:32 AM
  • fusecon

I have the same problem. No warning chime for lights on, key in ignition, etc.

Everything points to the Smart Entrance Control Unit (I guess that is the $700 module). However, when I took it to the dealer they pointed to behind the dash to fix the problem (investigate more) and that would be 2 hours of labor.

If there is a little buzzer/chime back there outside of the SECU it isn't well documented in the manual.

-dan

Saturday, December 23rd, 2006 AT 2:04 PM
  • fusecon

The shop manual for Nissan Pathfinder 1998, page EL-252, states the following: Warning Chime (located in Smart entrance control unit).

Saturday, December 23rd, 2006 AT 2:11 PM