NEW SPRINGS, STRUTS AND STABILZER STRINGS

• ceharv
  • Nissan Pathfinder

My daughter lives out of town, so I cannot have this checked out by the people I trust here. She owns a 2001 pathfinder SE, @80,000 miles - it appears from the description that one of the front springs broke. She had it towed to a midas shop - they are telling her she needs new springs, struts and stabilizer strings on the front, both sides. They quoted just under $1400 for parts and labor, saying they need to order the parts from nissan only. BTW, I tried making a donation and need to update my paypal info and it wouldn't update, but I'll call and do so right away

Thursday, August 30th, 2007 AT 1:20 PM

• Jack42

That doesnt sound too far off, especially if they are going to Nissan for all the parts (good move). At 80,000 replacing both front struts is a good idea, will keep the ride quality.I would also replace both front springs, if one failed for no good reason, I would want 2 new ones.

Friday, August 31st, 2007 AT 7:40 AM