NEW SPRINGS, STRUTS AND STABILZER STRINGS

Nissan Pathfinder

ceharv

August, 30, 2007 AT 1:20 PM

My daughter lives out of town, so I cannot have this checked out by the people I trust here. She owns a 2001 pathfinder SE, @80,000 miles - it appears from the description that one of the front springs broke. She had it towed to a midas shop - they are telling her she needs new springs, struts and stabilizer strings on the front, both sides. They quoted just under $1400 for parts and labor, saying they need to order the parts from nissan only. BTW, I tried making a donation and need to update my paypal info and it wouldn't update, but I'll call and do so right away

Jack42

August, 31, 2007 AT 7:40 AM

That doesnt sound too far off, especially if they are going to Nissan for all the parts (good move). At 80,000 replacing both front struts is a good idea, will keep the ride quality.I would also replace both front springs, if one failed for no good reason, I would want 2 new ones.

Lower Control Arm Bushing Replacement Honda
Sway Bar Link Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Replace Tie Rod End
Sway Bar Link Replacement Subaru Legacy