2006 NISSAN PATHFINDER HEATER FADS HOT AND COLD

• jazzild
  • 2006 Nissan Pathfinder

Heater problem
2006 Nissan Pathfinder 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 94,500 miles

My heater is fading hot and cold air when turned on. Sometimes the heater will hear up for 10-15 minutes and cold and sometimes it doesn't heat up at all. Do my heater needs to be replaced? If so, what is the estimated cost to replace? Thank you for your time.

LD

Wednesday, November 18th, 2009 AT 4:36 PM

• gtaveras103

I have the same issue on a 2005 SE 4X4 with 80K. I don't see any replies here, have you gotten the problem diagnosed yet?

Tuesday, December 1st, 2009 AT 1:10 PM
  • jazzild

No, nothing yet. Still searching. As much as I don't want to, I might have to take it to the dealer. It's getting colder and colder : (

Tuesday, December 1st, 2009 AT 5:29 PM
  • wb3lny

I too have a heat problem--heat works fine when engine is revved. Not sure its a water pump issue of vacuum issue. Also have had rear diff replaced.

Thursday, December 10th, 2009 AT 9:39 PM
  • kidkev

Mine is doing the same thing. Runs real warm when revved up or accelerating, but cools right off when idle or coasting.

Saturday, December 19th, 2009 AT 3:28 PM
  • sonicboom

Our pathrinder is going the same thing, driving the heat works, but slow down and the heat runs cold.

Tuesday, January 5th, 2010 AT 1:05 PM
  • Little28

Our 2006 is doing the same thing, heat only works when the vehicle is moving or reveved up. Wish someone had an answer.

Wednesday, January 6th, 2010 AT 12:47 PM
  • sonicboom

Called to take my suv in and described the problem, and they said that it sounded like the heater core needed back flushed. If it works, will let you know.

Wednesday, January 6th, 2010 AT 6:54 PM
  • Little28

I have an appointment on the 18th for mine. They told me to check the antifreeze level, I did and it was fine. They claimed that it could have a air pocket just before the thermostat. I think this is some kind of Nissian design problem, we should check deeper into it. I will post my results from the dealer.

Thursday, January 7th, 2010 AT 8:14 AM
  • sonicboom

Place that I took our SUV to, said that Nissan vehicle were well known to get sludge build up in the anti-freeze and that the heater core would need to be flushed. But ours had a leak in the back heater part. He said that a piece of steel runs from the back of the vehicle for the heater all the way to the front. When nissan built it they put this part on and then put on the body. So the only way to get to they whole thing was to lift the body off. Which is expensive. I just had them cut off what was bad and replace just that section. So my anti-freeze was taken all out then replaced. The hardest job they had was getting the air bubbles out.

Thursday, January 14th, 2010 AT 11:18 AM
  • Little28

So did this solve your problem with the heater not being hot unless the vehicle is revved up?

Monday, January 18th, 2010 AT 7:59 AM