1996 NISSAN BRAKE ROTOR AND TIRE RM ARE VERY HO

• kenkois
  • 1996 Nissan

Brakes problem
1996 Other Nissan Models 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 125255 miles

Aloha,
Just changed my front disc brake pads on my 1996 Nissan Quest Van. While driving about 2 miles, the two front rims are very hot. You can touch the rims for a maximum of 3 seconds before it gets unbearable. What could be the problem. The car drives well and the brakes work. I did not bleed the brake system.

Friday, October 10th, 2008 AT 6:13 PM

• blackop555

Did you grease up the proper parts of the brake system when puttin on new pads? With vehcile jacked up are wheels hard to turn by hand?

Friday, October 10th, 2008 AT 7:35 PM
  • kenkois

No. Did not grease any brake parts? Which parts should I grease and where are they. Also, the front wheels were hard to turn.

Sunday, October 12th, 2008 AT 12:24 AM
  • blackop555

Grease where the brake pads slide on the calipers, on the caliper bolts/slide rails basically any part that moves on the bracke shoes and caliper.

If this dont help try breaking open the bleeder valves does that loosen the wheels now?

Sunday, October 12th, 2008 AT 8:24 AM