1995 NISSAN DUAL MUFFLERS

• Satyen
  • 1995 Nissan

1995 Other Nissan Models 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 215 00 miles

Hi Dear all, am Satyen from the tiny island of Mauritius and have a 1998 Nissan Sunny, sold as Sentra in the US. My question is: I want to change my exhaust system from the single muffler to a dual muffler, ie one on EACH side of the car. How do I proceed and how is it going to change the performance of the car,
Waiting eagerly for your response, thanks
Satyen

Thursday, October 2nd, 2008 AT 1:58 AM

• Zackman

I am almost positive that there are quite a few differences between Sentra and Sunny. Sunny is powered by QG-series motor while Sentra is powered by GA16DE and SR20DE for 1999 model.

This reply applies to Sentra, as that it what I am familiar with. The only way to do dual exhaust is to use a Y-pipe split after the kinks at the rear strut. Y-pipe before is not recommended because of the fuel tank is in the way.

Performance wise: You will lose quite a few bottom and top end hp, as you will lose too much of exhaust back pressure. The most recommended performance enhancer for GA-series motor is to increase the exhaust pipe diameter to 2" mandrel bent catback. Dual exhaust is not recommended for GA-series Sentra.

Thursday, October 2nd, 2008 AT 5:05 AM