1993 Nissan NX MY CAR WON'T START

AMBER2K4
  • 1993 NISSAN NX

Noises problem
1993 Nissan NX 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual

I bought my fiance a (i believe) 93 (or 92) Nissan NX 1600 it was $500 but it wont start he tryed to work on it while he was home (navy) but he couldnt figure out whats wrong it will make a clicking noice but wont start I dont know what it just got towed from our apartment complex today for not having an inspection sticker but I cant get one it the car doesnt work maybe you can help me so that I can get it back before he comes home in a month

Thursday, January 22nd, 2009 AT 4:25 PM

Test the battery and make sure its cleaned and properly tightened if okay, posssible causes could be ignition switch, clutch interlock relay, clutch switch and starter itself

+1
Thursday, January 22nd, 2009 AT 4:44 PM
AMBER2K4

And how hard is that to fix or how much

Thursday, January 22nd, 2009 AT 4:55 PM
KEVIN12881

You can check the battery yourself. How did you get the car to your apartments? What are the miles/ was it running when you bought it? For $500 it probably had something wrong with it more than just a battey.

Thursday, January 22nd, 2009 AT 5:02 PM
AMBER2K4

It wasnt running when I bought it but my fiance thought that he know what was wrong with it and we have a big track that we used to tow it here

Thursday, January 22nd, 2009 AT 5:04 PM

Is it cranking over and refusing to start or just won't crank at all/nothing

Thursday, January 22nd, 2009 AT 5:28 PM
AMBER2K4

I will go to start it and it will just make a clicking noise wont turn over at all or start

Thursday, January 22nd, 2009 AT 5:33 PM

Get the items I've mentioned on my 1st post checked out then report back.

Thursday, January 22nd, 2009 AT 5:36 PM
AMBER2K4

Ok will do thank you soon as I do all that I will be back

Thursday, January 22nd, 2009 AT 5:42 PM
AMBER2K4

Well I had a mechaninic go with me to me car and has told me that the entire engine is seized up and that its not worth trying to fix because it would cost more to fix then the car is really worth so now what should I do

Saturday, January 24th, 2009 AT 1:41 PM
KEVIN12881

A new (used) engune for less than $1,000.

Saturday, January 24th, 2009 AT 3:12 PM
KEVIN12881

P.S. Those are both for 92. I am not sure they will go in easily, but when I typed in 93 they are the only ones to show up.

Saturday, January 24th, 2009 AT 3:16 PM
AMBER2K4

Thank you I really appreciate all the help your giving me now its time to figure out it the fiance wants to pay for it or what and if so where and how to put the engine in my self yay me

Saturday, January 24th, 2009 AT 3:19 PM
KEVIN12881

Both those engines come with a 3 year unlimited mile warrenty and free shipping, not sure about core charge. Just find out w=how much a mech would charge to put it in, and if the two years are easily compatable. 500 for car, 1000 for engine and 500 to install gives you a car at 2000 with 3 year warrenty on block. Manuel trans ussually last a long long time

Saturday, January 24th, 2009 AT 3:30 PM