THE MISSING

Nissan Maxima

chevyman2

April, 15, 2006 AT 2:35 PM

Ok I have a 1990 nissan maxima 3 liter v6 it misses all the time I bought it that way. I have checked compression its good changed timing belt and tensioner checked and rechecked and ect. I also changed plugs wires cap rotor. It does have fire to all cylinders I checked for ohms resistance in the injecters and even manually powered them up all seem to be working. But the middle two cylinders are the ones that appear to be dead for some reason. Whats else is there?

losone

April, 15, 2006 AT 5:47 PM

It sounds like it might be an intake gasket between those two cylinders. Take a compression test and see how they read. Good luck

jervic

June, 12, 2006 AT 9:23 PM

If you're not using the right gas, it will make it " miss". I had a 96 that did the same thing. If it states on th gas cap to use " premium fule only" you need to use that. This may not be your problem but it was mine. Had everything cleaned up and began using premium fuel and it was fine.

Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler