Noise in the driver rear wheel

ROSE2007
  • NISSAN MAXIMA
Hi,

Mine is a 1998 Nissan Maxima GLE with 112K miles. Recently I changed my two rear wheel tires & went for rotation. After that, there is a screeching noise from the driver side rear wheel. It is worst when on the rough & bumpy roads. But when the brake is pressed & the vehicle is completely stopped & moved, the noise goes off. Again it comes after sometime. What is the problem?Should I go in for the rear brake pad change or is it something else?Can you please give me an estimate for it also? Thanks in advance
Thursday, August 16th, 2007 AT 2:12 PM

M_H_RITZEL
Have the rear brake checked, it could be that there is dirt or grease on the rotors. Take it to where the rotation was done. Just a dab of graese could make it sound like the brakes are bad. There are also little iron tabs that will scrap against the rotors when the breaks are worn down. This could also be the problem, if the brakes are good use a disc brake cleaner to get rid of the grease
Thursday, August 16th, 2007 AT 3:12 PM