Coolant leaks

KSTAN299
  • NISSAN MAXIMA
Nissan cefiro 2L auto 1996 113500KMs recently I noticed coolant leaks below the car under the engine ( towards the back of the engine off centre to the right side of the car) I consulted a mechanic who at first said it was a water pump but when he went under he said it wasn't and said it was leaking from the head gasket insead! Is this a common problem for nissan and is it a big job to fix? Any other possible causes which may have resulted in the error in the diagnosis? Thanks
Saturday, September 1st, 2007 AT 3:57 AM

Better look again, bcuz if it gets worse-its gonna be a big job. You sure its not a heater hose?
Saturday, September 1st, 2007 AT 4:14 AM
KSTAN299
Better look again, bcuz if it gets worse-its gonna be a big job. You sure its not a heater hose?[/Quote]

Thanks, I hope it is but how to check if it is a heater hose, is this a diy job? I asked another mechanic to have a look, he just asked me to leave the car to him as he cannot tell after checking under the car>

can anyone point me to where to read up more or even a daigram of some sort? Appreciate it greatly
Wednesday, September 5th, 2007 AT 5:21 AM

can anyone point me to where to read up more or even a daigram of some sort? Appreciate it greatly[/quote]

Get it pressure tested it will show up where its leaking.
Wednesday, September 5th, 2007 AT 5:25 AM