2004 NISSAN MAXIMA ABS BRAKES

• tko-irish
  • 2004 Nissan Maxima

Brakes problem
2004 Nissan Maxima 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 108000 miles

I have a 2004 Nissan Maxima. The ABS braking system is activating when it should not. I also have a wheel that might have a problem - the air is slowly leaking out of a new tire. Could the ABS have a problem because the wheel has an issue?

Wednesday, January 7th, 2009 AT 11:46 AM

• yasger

Make sure the tires have all the same air pressure. Then see if the problem still o cures.

Sunday, January 18th, 2009 AT 11:53 PM
  • K_S

I have the same car with the same issue. The issue comes and goes. But has been getting worse. My car is at the dealer now. When I took it in, they said there were a few others cars with the same issue. Did you hear a resolution? I'll let you know what I hear.

Make sure the tires have all the same air pressure. Then see if the problem still o cures.[/Quote: c27d29e1a1]

Wednesday, February 4th, 2009 AT 2:06 PM
  • K_S

Just heard back. My car needed both rear hubs and ABS Sensors replaced.

Make sure the tires have all the same air pressure. Then see if the problem still o cures.[/Quote: 629b26bd8e][/quote: 629b26bd8e]

Wednesday, February 4th, 2009 AT 2:28 PM