TIMING BELT

1998 Nissan Maxima

dstark

Engine problem
1998 Nissan Maxima 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 120000 miles

The Nissan dealer I went to said that it would change my timing belt, and while they had it down, would also change the oil pump. This would cost me about $600.00. Does this sound like to much money? Do I really need to change the oil pump too?

fisherman

Hello !

Well Once you replace the timing belt its recommendable to replace all the oil seals the tensioner and the WATER PUMP.

The oil pump they said?

Well ask them why !

It is damage?

Once you drive your car into a dealer they start making money and looking the way to make more.

I would recommend you to get a quote on a good shop and then compare the prices. You know, most of the people think that the dealer mechanics are always right and. That its not true!

We re mechanics and some of us we used to work on a dealer and we know for a fact that the dealer charges a lot more money than a good reputable shop, on the same exact job.

Also be sure that the part that they are replacing it need to be replaced !

Good Luck!

Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour