2005 NISSAN FRONTIER FLUID CHANGE

• josher
  • 2005 Nissan Frontier

2005 Nissan Frontier 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 60000 miles

the book recommends drain and fill every 15K or flushing every 30k. This sounds ridiculous to me and very expensive. I never pull anything with this truck and generally always drive highway miles. With this kind of 'easy driving', can I assume 60K for a flush is okay? Joe

Tuesday, June 29th, 2010 AT 3:48 PM

• bluelightnin6

Not sure what book you have, but the manufacturer does not recommend replacing ATF at 30k miles. Only inspecting it at that time. Should easiliy make 100k miles without needing service if you drive under normal conditions.

Wednesday, June 30th, 2010 AT 7:47 AM
  • josher

It is the scheduled maintence book issued with the truck. The book states under premium service the transmission fluid should be replaced every 30k with an optional 'flush'.

Thursday, July 1st, 2010 AT 12:58 PM
  • bluelightnin6

Oh okay, yes under Premium it would be. Since you don't tow though and i'm assuming you don't go offroading with it, there is no need in following the Premium schedule. You should follow the schedule labeled Normal.

Thursday, July 1st, 2010 AT 1:36 PM