2000 Nissan Altima New Struts caused a vibration

BRITTONP83
  • 2000 NISSAN ALTIMA
Hey guys,
This weekend I replaced all four struts on my girlfriends Altima. I followed the procedure and torqued everything to spec. But while working on the front drivers side I accidently dislocated the cv axle from the back of the hub assembly. It simply pulled apart at the boot, letting the spined axle come free. I matched up the spines as best I could and pushed the rotor/hub assemply back onto the shaft. After finishing the other struts with no issues, we noticed a vibration at highways speeds. She's taking it in for an alignment and wheel balance today but I'm worried that the vibration is due to me not "pressing" the axle back into the backside of the hub assembly. Could this be a simple fix?
Tuesday, March 9th, 2010 AT 10:14 AM

MATHIASO
Hello Brittonp83

Alignment and wheel balance is needed and should take care of the problem. If it does not, get back to me.
Tuesday, March 9th, 2010 AT 11:04 AM
BRITTONP83
Sorry it took so long for a response, but yes the alignment and balance fixed it. Thanks.
Thursday, January 6th, 2011 AT 6:28 PM
BMRFIXIT
Thank you for the update
Thursday, February 10th, 2011 AT 3:01 AM