NEW STRUTS CAUSED A VIBRATION

2000 Nissan Altima

Brittonp83

March, 9, 2010 AT 10:14 AM

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2000 Nissan Altima 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 156000 miles

Hey guys,
This weekend I replaced all four struts on my girlfriends Altima. I followed the procedure and torqued everything to spec. But while working on the front drivers side I accidently dislocated the cv axle from the back of the hub assembly. It simply pulled apart at the boot, letting the spined axle come free. I matched up the spines as best I could and pushed the rotor/hub assemply back onto the shaft. After finishing the other struts with no issues, we noticed a vibration at highways speeds. She's taking it in for an alignment and wheel balance today but I'm worried that the vibration is due to me not " pressing" the axle back into the backside of the hub assembly. Could this be a simple fix?

mathiaso

March, 9, 2010 AT 11:04 AM

Hello Brittonp83

Alignment and wheel balance is needed and should take care of the problem. If it does not, get back to me.

Brittonp83

Sorry it took so long for a response, but yes the alignment and balance fixed it. Thanks.

BMRFIXIT

February, 10, 2011 AT 3:01 AM

Thank you for the update

Replacing Your Front Struts Like a Pro
Safely Replace Your Rear Struts
Shock Replacement - Front Chevrolet Silverado
Air Shock Replacement Mercedes Benz S Class
Replace Tie Rod End
Sway Bar Link Replacement Subaru Legacy